1. Make sure to pack lots of extra items in the diaper bag and keep it in an easy place to access. Try to keep a portion of the back seat or the back of your van or SUV clear for diaper changes that need to happen when you can’t get to a clean changing table. The Vianetic diaper bag has a built in change pad so you know you have a clean place to easily change baby no matter where you are on the road.
2. Make sure to keep safety your first priority by keeping your little one properly secured into their car seat at all times. To avoid your baby getting overly cranky, build extra time into your trip for stops to get out of the car seat and stretch their little legs. Check out Map of Play
, which will allow you to search for local parks and playgrounds near where you are. When you head out on your road trip make sure you dress baby in soft, breathable clothes to ensure they don’t get overheated or uncomfortable.
3. Snacks, snacks and more snacks. If your baby has started to eat solids pack plenty of snacks to fight of any “hangry” tantrums. Snacks also means bringing lots of wipes and small garbage bags so you can keep your kids and your car somewhat clean on the road. Try this snack container from Ubbi
to avoid messes.
4. Make sure you never become a distracted driver on your road trip. Start by packing all your items like snacks and water within arm’s reach. Make sure you have a hands-free device for your phone ready to go before you hit the road. Despite what you may think, avoid using rear view baby mirrors. These mirrors seem like a good idea but every second you are staring at your baby in that mirror means you aren’t looking at the road ahead.
5. If your time on the road interferes with nap time bring items to comfort your baby and help them sleep on the road and keep their schedule. The Marpac Hushh White Sound Machine is portable and offers three sound options to choose from. You can use this to help baby sleep at your destination and while you are on the road.
6. Wipes, wipes and more wipes. On the road wipes will be used for diaper changes, cleaning up after snacks and meals, cleaning your car, wiping messy faces and cleaning up just about any spill that comes so pack lots. Water Wipes are made with 99.9% water so you can feel good about using tons of these.
Happy Travels! xo, Julie